Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

shAF wrote, re Tabs:

>Since any session, is entirely dedicated to a
particular roll of film....

That's true for photographers with filmstrips, but not for archivers with
slides and/or negs from many shoots mixed together, nor for reflective
(flatbed) use which Vuescan also supports.

> Can't these [tabs] be moved to menu items and preference
dialogs??

It would allow larger viewing space (good), but going to pull-downs from the
current at-a-glance tab organization would be a step backward, IMO, and
individual dialog boxes *rarely* include the specific item I need for the
problem at hand, in my experience. I prefer tabs--you can see your choices
without going to the Help key.

Having clear, settable Preference choices for *both* display types could
work nicely for different workflow methods, if it doesn't confuse Vuescan's
clean and functional GUI too much. Preference Choices are under-used and
over-complicated in most Windows programs I've used (or simplistic,
unintelligible, and not-findable, which is even worse). It's hard to cover
all the bases for every user--some designers don't even try.

Best regards--LRA