[filmscanners] Re: Advice on scanner settings

Maxtor used to be a great product, with a 3-5 year warranty depending on
the type of drive.  Then they went to a liquid bearing and all hell
broke loose, with failures left and right, so they reduced their
warranty in Canada, at least to one year, and the drives didn't even
survive that (I had several fail under warranty).  I also lived through
the Seagate disaster years, and others.  They seem to cycle through
different brands of successes and failures.

Too bad warranty doesn't cover the hassle, time, and lost files...  I
wouldn't touch them until Seagate proves they can be trusted again.

Art