[filmscanners] Re: SS4000 & SCSI under Vista

Often Vuescan needs the factory driver to be installed. A few devices Ed
can drive directly.

BTW, Vuescan under X64 is not all that stable. Expect a crash every
other roll. It has to do with how X64 handles USB.

In many ways, X64 is a really good operating system. Remember, it is
Server 2003 kind of stripped down. But for non-server tasks, it does
have it's issues. Also, X64 is a dead end. MS wants you to use Vista,
but 64 bit Vista is a mess. As you probably know, there is a rumor that
MS is going to replace Vista soon, i.e. it is like Windows ME (the minus
edition).