[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS30 & Vista

SCSI connectors have been ever a can of worms — no two devices ever seem to
match.

Over the years I've used at least four types ranging from the Mac adapter
(DB25)and 50-pin Centronics to tiny things (Honda connector, for instance)
you were always terrified of breaking.

I don't think I ever had two cards with the same external connector.

Adaptec used to supply various converters — hopefully still do, so if
looking at an Adaptec SCSI card I'd also get a converter from whatever the
card uses to the Mac (DB25) adapter you have now (SCSI converters and
cables can be VERY expensive, BTW — I can recall having to spend some $250
to daisychain two devices and extend one cable, just because there wasn't
an off-the-shelf solution that would reach the first unit.)

If it's converting from a 50-pin outlet to DB25, make sure it's terminated
(they usually are, but some ain't — if the unused lines are unterminated
they'll echo and cause trouble.)

--
PM