[filmscanners] Re: Initialization problem with Polaroid SprintScan 4000

On 09/06/2007 ppatton@bgnet.bgsu.edu wrote:
> couldn't figure out how to pop the top off to look for
> dust because there were no screws

The rectangular slots in the base provide access to plastic clips which
retain the cover - by the look of it, I haven't tried. They're a fairly
standard form of screwless retention and need to be levered gently with a
flat screwdriver blade to unclip at the same time as lifting the case lid
slightly.

Before you do that I'd check your SCSI card is properly seated in the
computer (remove and reinsert), and make and remake cable connections and
remove and replace the SCSI terminator block. If the scanner is chained
with other SCSI devices, remake the connections at all of them. Trying a
different terminator will also be worthwhile.

The intermittency says its almost certainly a poor connection somewhere or
dust/dirt, rather than a big expensive fault. You just have to find it :)

--
Regards

Tony Sleep
http://tonysleep.co.uk