[filmscanners] Re: large scanning project

It may not be clear, but they are certainly no longer making or selling
scanners.  The Dimage Scan Elite 5400 II are now exceptionally rare and
if you can get one for a "very good price", buy it.  Also I am looking
for one, so if you could tell me where you found some, I would much
appreciate it.

The Scan Elite 5400 II is  really a very good scanner for 35mm film.  It
provides better and faster results than my Nikon 8000.  I didn't think
about the driver issue with Vista.  But then again, everyone isn't going
to be rushing out to get Vista as soon as it appears.  XP will still be
a viable OS for several years to come, giving the scanner a long enough
life span.