ïÎÌÁÊÎ ÉÇÒÙ ÄÌÑ ÄÅ×ÏÞÅË ÂÅÓÐÌÁÔÎÏ

[filmscanners] Re: large scanning project

>Any reason you left the Dimage 5400 II off the list?

I just did a bit of investigation of this scanner and discovered
that although it has some impressive features, Konica-Minolta is
going out of business.  It is only still available in a few
places, but is available at a very good price.  If I do get it, I
will probably need to act quickly, rather than do careful
research.  Any opinions on this scanner?  Should I snap one up
quickly, before they are gone, or let it pass?  Like the Nikon
Coolscan V ED, the reviews seem to be very mixed with some people
loving it, and others having lots of problems.  The reviews on
Nikon's 50 slide feeder seem fairly uniformly negative.

Another question.  Is anyone familiar with the film scanning
service http://www.digmypics.com/ or with other such scanning
services?  Do they do a good job of producing professional
quality scans at 4000+ dpi of 35 mm slides?  How safe is it to
mail away my very best irreplaceble slides to a service like this
for scanning?
Dr. Paul Patton
Life Sciences Building Rm 538A
work: (419)-372-3858
home: (419)-352-5523
Biology Department
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is
the mysterious.  It is the source of all true art
and science."
-Albert Einstein