[filmscanners] Re: OT: monitors (was Re: Nikon scanneravailability)

The OLED is dead in the sense that no manufacturer bothered to show one
at CES lately.

You might have missed it, but I mentioned there is a new DLP using RGB
leds for illumination. This takes the color wheel out of the picture.

The latest RCA Scenium DLPs are under a foot in depth. There are
diminishing returns in getting the display flatter in the HDTV
application, since you will need speaker too, and they won't be all that
flat.

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> If OLED/PLED is "dead" someone forgot to tell Kodak, GE, Phillips and a
> few other companies that just made announcements of new partnerships and
> licensing agreements and new materials within the last week.
<snip>