[filmscanners] Re: Coolscan V vs. 5000 Opinions?

I have the Dimage 5400 II. It works well, but not with vuescan. However,
the supplied software works well. Some of the digital software only
works on 8 bits. If it really matters, I'll fire it up tonight and let
you know which features are 8 bits only.

I think the preview time is for 6 frames. It certainly whips through
them. I can tell you that since I got the 5400 II, I don't mount my
slides anymore. The film strip holder works quite well. All I do is
slice the film in strips of 6. That alone saves me $4 a roll.