[filmscanners] Re: HP PhotsSmart - questions

>electronics grade alcohol may possibly be isopropyl alcohol

Here in the UK at least a long time ago I found no one would sell isopropyl
alcohol
probably due to government restrictions.

>denatured
>alcohol is methylated spirits here in the UK.

Yes, and it seems impossible to find what the denaturing chemical is (about 30
different ones can be used), again government restrictions.  Pure ethanol is
only sold
under licence.  Makes trying to find good pure chemicals very difficult.  The
denatured
has a colorant as well as the denaturing chemical.  The industrial methylated
spirits is
supposidly the best of poor choices in the UK.