[filmscanners] Re: 'Cheap' film scanner recommendations

I haven't used it.  The reviews I've read suggest it is about one half
the resolution it claims to be once the output is put to the test, and
it had relatively poor color accuracy, (don't recall if they were
testing it with slide or neg film) but even the reviewer felt it was
good value for the price.  I don't know what the Minolta IV is selling
for these days, but if it isn't too much more, it is probably a better
quality scanner than the Plustek.

It email resolutions and random monitor type accuracy is all that the
scanner will be used for, the Plustek will probably be adequate.
However, it seems to me if one is to buy a dedicated film scanner, might
as well get one that allows for getting a decent 8x10 or 11x14 out of a
scan.

If the images are only for email use, a flatbed may be "good enough".

Art

PS: my previous posting which referred to light sources, was supposed to
states "cold cathode" not "clod cathode" ;-)