[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Coolscan V vs Minolta Elite 5400

on 11/18/04 9:40 AM, Chris Aitken at chris@ion-dreams.com wrote:

>> I am interested in your ideas and opinions about this.  My
>> objective is to print the best 13x19 prints I can print on an
>> Epson 2200 on W/C paper using PS-CS and Zeiss, shooting negative film.
>
> I am interested in the watercolour paper (if that is what you mean).
> Is this special watercolour paper for inkjet, or the common-or-garden
> variety that you find in a fine art shop?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

> body

Chris,

You may already be familiar with all this, but here is all the info on the
box of paper:

"Epson Professional Media Super B (Super A3) 13x19" (329x483mm) 20 Sheets,
Watercolor Paper--Radiant White"

The thickness is 11.5 mil, weight= 190 gram/sq meter, opacity 96%.

This is not the thickest or most luxurious matte paper around, but it is
nice to work with because it is less expensive than most others, I think,
and it is pretty nice.  Mediastreets.com has some very nice stuff, and at
some point I will revisit the choice of papers.  For now, I still have other
issues to work out.

Berry