[filmscanners] Re: Another lurker seeking advice

You take a plastic card--eg, a xerox machine card or a hotel entry key
card--and you cut it to the right length and tape it in place. When in
Mexico, I used a wooden coffee stirrer. Very low tech, and you can have
different cards for slides of different thicknesses.

I would post an image, but once you have the scanner in hand, you won't
have any problem figuring it out.

There is a web site somewhere that describes this--I am sure you can
google it as fast as I can.