[filmscanners] Re: Topic: SS4000 again

Somewhere in the archives of this list there was a discussion about
cleaning front surface mirrors, I believe.  I think a camera repairman
provided a primer on the method without damaging the surface.

You may be correct that the inability to autofocus might be dirt on
either the mirror or the CCD.  However, the way the SS4000 works, the
stage moves to focus the image, not the lens.  As I recall, the CCD does
face down, but the mirror is semi-upright.

check out this discussion:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=001zNY

There is some discussion of how to open the case, and a bit about the
layout.

Art