[filmscanners] Re: Device interface and Windows 2000

I had tried the "Rescan for Hardware" routine in Device Manager, Laurie,
to no avail.  So far, things seem to be working OK with the new BIOS flash.

I agree that USB is finicky and why the new keyboards and pointing
devices have USB interface is beyond me.  I recently had a new pointing
device give problems in the PS/2 port and the manufacturer advised me to
connect it to a USB port.  The tech said although the devices are
supplied with a PS/2 adapter, they will function better connected to USB
- I think that's overkill.

Jim Sims