From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Laurie Solomon
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 5:50 PM
To: loginguy01@telusplanet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Pixels and Prints

Bob,

If true than I would think that this would be something important to
know and play an important role in how one approaches things.  I would
have thought that to maintain quality output, they would have selected
to design the printers to resample rather than merely discard pixels in
an arbitrary or random manner.
Surely, they use some sort of formula for determining what to discard
and what to keep.

filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk <> wrote:
> Laurie,
>
> I thought I had read somewhere that if you send images to the Epson
> driver with dpi that are larger than its native dpi (360/720) it
> simply discards rows of pixels as scanners often do, rather than
> downsample them by any interpolation method.
>
> Bob Frost.

---