[filmscanners] RE: Pixels and Prints

>I've produced very acceptable 13x9s from a 1.68 megapixel camera, the Canon
Pro 70.

Are you sure it is 1.68 megapixels?  That is so low that I doubt they are
even selling digital cameras with that few megapixel capacity.
As for what is or is not very acceptible depends subjectively on one's
tastes and standards; besides 13x9 is a somewhat smaller image than a 13x19,
although 13x9 may be pushing the envelope for a 1-2 megapixel camera since
the typical wisdom is that you need at least 3 megapixels to produce a
satisfactory 8x10.