[filmscanners] Re: New Fuji Films

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca> writes:

Fuji gives the impression that the improvement in the grain is
considerable...
<<<<<<<<<<<

Scanned at 4000 dpi, I found that given that Provia 100F was available,
Velvia 50 was enough worse that I wasn't willing to use it. The differences
in noise scanned on my scanner between the three 100F films are quite small.
Hmm. Astia 100F is a tad noisy in the shadows, maybe.

Anyway, they're all quite good.

Have you heard any word on if Sensia 100 is going to be updated to some
of the newer technologies?  Last version was identical to the previous
Astia 100, and it sold for $3-$4 cheaper per roll here, so if they end
up moving Sensia to even Provia 100F, I know what I'm buying ;-)

The time required for scanning is such that if film + processing were $50 a
roll, I wouldn't notice the cost. (FWIW, in Tokyo, 100F film + processing is
about US$12 for 120, and US$20 for 220.)

But since Sensia and Trebi 100C are only available in 35mm, I can't be much
help there. Sorry.

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan