[filmscanners] RE: Adaptec USB2 to SCSI

>Has anyone had experience with using Adaptec's USB2Xchange USB2-to-SCSI
converter to attach and operate LS-30 or other SCSI scanners?<

I own, and have used the USB2->SCSI on my notebook.  I was connected to an
Agfa T1200 flatbed.  I've also had great luck with a SCSI Zip drive.

Having said that, if you are not connected to notebook, a PCI based scsi
adapter will be cheaper and faster.

Someone mentioned possible problems with Windows XP.  I have not used XP,
but I would advise purchasing an Adaptec card.  I've owned three or four
over the years, and have never had a problem in any version of NT or Win2k.

Good Luck,
Jeff