[filmscanners] RE: Tweaking RAw files

Alessandro writes ...

> I always work with raw files I get from Vuescan: as
> Austin said, they're plain tif files, and Vuescan apparently
> saves them with profile information, so that when I open them
> in Photoshop I get the profile conversion dialog with my
> scanner's profile selected.

  Hmmmm(?)  Is there a setting somewhere which tells Vs to embed the device
profile?  (Mine open up whith the message ... "this RGB document has no
embedded color profile".  If so (I cannot check right now), is the option
available for all scan (e.g., chromes only)?

  Time to check for a Vs update ...

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)