[filmscanners] Re: Photoshop books

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:48:14AM +0000, Mike Bloor wrote:
> Can anyone recommend good books on learning how to use Photoshop ?

Can you be a bit more specific? What do you primarily want to use Photoshop for?
Various books have various slants. For my purposes of correcting scanned
photographs I find the following books the most useful:

1. Real World Photoshop - Blatner & Fraser (This book is an absolute must
IMO)
2. Professional Photoshop: The Classic Guide to Colour Correction - Margulis
3. Photoshop Artistry: Mastering the Digital Image - Haynes & Crumpler
4. Adobe Photoshop for Photographers - Evening

For a much broader education on Photoshop, for those who have never used the
program at all, one might find the Total Training series of DVDs/videos for
Photoshop useful. The attempts at humour in the series are a bit painful but
you get up to speed very quickly with the program. The DVDs are more akin to
attending a training course which some people find more effective.

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk