[filmscanners] OT: color photo inkjets

I'm about to throw out my Epson Photo Stylus 820.  I'm very frustrated
by banding problems, and repeated head cleaning, printing at highest
dpi, different papers, etc -  doesn't seem to solve it.  OK, it's a
$100 printer, so what do I want.  :-)  Well, you'd think Epson would
want to maintain their name, so I'm not sure if this is normal for
this printer or not.  I haven't called their customer support yet.

Recommendations for an upgrade?  I'd like to go whole hog and get
something like the Epson 2200, but it's out of my budget right now.
I'm looking at the HP Photosmart 7550, the Epson Stylus Photo 960 or
the Canon S-900.  IOW, in the $3-400 range. Or maybe the Epson 1280,
whose price seems to be coming down.   Any experience with any of
these?  Other options I haven't mentioned welcomed, too.   For the
time being, I need it to have parallel connectivity, which seems to be
on its way out.

Ken Durling

Visit my new easier-to-browse PhotoSIG portfolio:
http://www.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=203