[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Scan unable to find active devices...

Sam Eaton wrote:
> Wierdly, I've found that one or two programs can still call up the
> twain interface ok - like irfanview - but most can't - like
> photoshop, or vueprint or imageready.  I dunno if irfanview uses the
> old 16bit twain or something similar.

I just tried with irfanview -- and got the familiar error.

> The adobe site has a suggestion for installing twain drivers back
> from the photoshop CD - I can't actually *find* my photoshop cd at
> the moment so I've not tried that - have you gone down this route
> yet?

No, I haven't tried that. Since I can't get Nikon Scan to work as a
stand alone, I guess it is not just a twain problem. Does it work for
you as a stand alone?

Peter Marquis-Kyle