[filmscanners] RE: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

In the real world, what winds up in the video card's lookup table is a
gentle curve whose slope probably remains well between 0.5 and 2. If anyone
can see the faint posterization that comes from having a 256x8 table under
any circumstances (and I never have), adding two fractional bits would
certainly eliminate it. Of course I'm talking about adding two actual bits
of data, not just a couple of zeroes.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco