[filmscanners] Re: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

[sorry about 2x post, missed this from my last post]

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> I've never worried much about the video card.  The monitor is pretty much
> always the weakest link.  Even more frustrating is that the best monitors
> are still huge, heavy CRTs.  And CRTs gradually wear out, like the vacuum
> tubes that they are.

Huh? You are kidding? The quality of the monitor matters but the
driving hardware doesnt? The truly palpable difference between
cards on even my two closely related machines should make
you reconsider. It is well documented on hardware sites that
image quality on certain makes falls well short on others,
Nvidia being one - and so many people having their hardware.

Why spend a fortune on a lovely CRT lump when you might as well
be getting less than best from it.

bert

---
Linux - reaches the parts that other beers fail to reach.