[filmscanners] LS-40 bluish cast

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] LS-40 bluish cast
  • From: "Alex Zabrovsky" <alexz@zoran.co.il>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:16:56 +0200

Hi all.
Question for LS-40 users - did you even noticed the scanner to produce
slight bluish cast on the scans ? If this is the case, did you try to
compensate for it through blue channel analog gain setting ?

My last bunch of slide scans shows this effect on majority of them, though
I'm not sure what might be the reason since the films I'm talking about
where shoot using the lens featuring cool rendition and the lens wasn't
covered by neither UV nor Skylight filter.

However, a few days ago I loaned my IS-40 to the friend of mine who is
Minolta Scan Speed user and he reported me about appearance of slight bluish
tint on his slides also while scanned by
LS-40. The same originals scanned by his Minolta scanner didn't produce such
cast (although there where other problems inherent to Scan Speed).

Regards,
Alex Z