[filmscanners] Re: FilmGet FS103

Hi John,

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:20:14 -0400, rylatt@attglobal.net wrote:

> Thank you for my one and only response.

No problem.  I haven't noticed too many people "around here" talking
about the Canon in the couple of months I've been monitoring the list.
It just might be you and me. :-)

> Tried installing yesterday and it went fine.
> Do you know what improvements came with this version?

No, I'm not sure.  It seems a little faster, and it doesn't crash as
often.  With the 1.01 version, I had to exit FilmGetFS and its host
program after every two scans.  It's not so bad about that anymore, but
it may have picked up a memory leak.

Also, I'm seeing more aliasing, or what I think is aliasing, with 1.03
... I'm wondering if maybe it does some sharpening that I haven't
figured out how to disable. :-(

The last time I tried VueScan it didn't properly support the FARE
scratch/dust removal of the scanner.  I need to check hamrick.com to
see if it's been fixed.  When it supports FARE, I'll try it again.

> Is KG4LMZ your Ham call sign?

Yep, sure is.  I'm a no-code Tech since early 2001.  Haven't been on
the air much lately, though.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ