From: "Özcan Þiþman" <ozcan.sisman@karel.com.tr>
To: <rew@impulse.net>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 10:45 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Help needed for PhotoSmart S20

Hi,

I'm new to this list and I'm hoping I can get some help about a problem I
have with my HP PhotoSmart S20. I've been using this scanner for amateur
stuff
at home happily until recently when I noticed that my scans were far from
satisfactory. So, I decided to calibrate the
scanner, hoping this might improve my scans. The calibration procedure
aborted with an error saying, "A scanner error has been detected while
calibrating the lamp. Please refer to your HP PhotoSmart S20 Photo Scanner
Basics guide for help in cleaning the scanner". I cleaned the scanner and
ran the calibration again only to get the same error message. I've tried
several times to clean and calibrate with no luck. Is there any way I can
fix this problem? I would really appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Thanks
Ozcan