[filmscanners] Re: Scanning with too much resolution? (was:PS sharpening...)

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Scanning with too much resolution? (was:PS sharpening...)
  • From: "" <nick.grasso@hrads.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:43:22 -0400

Hi Austin

>>>I know you say you leave them at the scanned resolutions, but doesn't that
put you at the mercy of what ever the browser does, and may degrade your
image?  When I have a "large" image in the browser, a lot of times it
re-sizes the image, after it's done loading it...<<<

You are probably using Microsoft IE. The latest abortion of, err, I mean version
of IE defaults to sizing large images to fit to the screen. You can turn this
off in the settings if you want. I'm sure it isn't reading the ppi from the file
however.

Nick