[filmscanners] RE: Scanning with too much resolution? (was: PS sharpening...)

Why are you targeting a certain ppi for the web? I think you should rather
go for a certain image size rather then ppi.

> I know you say you leave them at the scanned resolutions, but doesn't that
> put you at the mercy of what ever the browser does, and may degrade your
> image?  When I have a "large" image in the browser, a lot of times it
> re-sizes the image, after it's done loading it...

The browser does not care about the ppi. It just displays it pixel by pixel.
Only exception seems to be the latest versions of IE which scale images. But
they do not scale it according to any ppi information. Instead they scale it
so that the image fits in the brower window.

Rob