[filmscanners] Re: Colour fringing

Aha and thanks - a rational explanation. I usually scan negatives,
occasionally old slides, and never prints. I have only seen the
fringing on slides. My machine is old (an S10), but I do not intend to
upgrade until a significantly faster scanner appears. The S10 is good
enough for my non-critical needs. See
http://clive.moss.net/ProvenceHome.htm
for a collection that was all scnned on the S10 using Vuescan and batch
fixed with ThumbsPlus -- I was too lazt too hand tweak all the images!
--
clive moss