[filmscanners] Re: Colour fringing

The reason this process is supposed to fix it is that the top and bottom
portions of the scanner mechanism get out of synch and this process
(including the cycling through the setting) realigns them.  My
experience is that it doesn't always work, that over time the parts can
wear and it will not fix itself, even with this approach, and there is
another type of fringing that is, as I mentioned in my other posting, a
"micro fringing" which seems to be some type of slippage of the media.

Unless the price is right, or you just have to have that reflective 300
dpi ability, I'd trade it in for a FS2710 Canon or the Minolta Dual II.
  Even the Acer/Benq Scanwit 2720S is a better scanner, (and costs less).

Art