[filmscanners] Re: Colour fringing

Julian Robinson wrote:

> While the LS2000 wouldn't win any awards now, the improvement over the S20
> was spectacular and immediately obvious.  Proved my friend's point, and my
> advice to anyone is don't get an S20 unless you REALLY want the dual
> transparency /positive option and you are not fussy about quality.

I just revisited some scans from my old LS2000, (which I upgraded to a Minolta
MSPro,) having
said that I would rescan the images again at 4800dpi  so they could be used for
posters.

I was suprised that these particular scans showed very little improvement over
the LS2000
scans.

I do think that the LS2000 is still a good scanner today compared to some of
the cheaper
stuff on todays market and would win awards.

Rob