[filmscanners] Re: appropriateness of " Density vs Dynamic range"thread (pro)

At 01:00 PM 6/13/2002, you wrote:
>It's not that simple. I use Eudora Pro which is one of the best readers
>there is. The subject line changes constantly but the originator's address
>doesn't, presuming they don't switch email addresses during the thread. All
>you have to do is change or add/delete one word to make it a new thread. So
>I have had to start dumping messages based on the originator's address. In
>one sense it too bad because the people I'm dumping appear to people I'd
>normally like to read. But it is the only tool I have to get past a
>theoretical debate about as useful as the Nikon-Canon religious debates. I
>am an Engineer too but the back and forth with nauseatingly repetitious
>arguments is too much to bear. I could leave the group but I think there
>are other threads that I would very much like to follow. I even enjoyed the
>first few (dozen) posts of this thread.
>
>I would agree wholeheartedly to a special SIG being created for those who
>wish to continue this increasingly esoteric discussion.
>
>Don

I also use Eudora Pro (which, by the way, seems to have become more
unstable with later releases; it often crashes or loses menu items). When
you create a filter to dump emails, you can specify that the subject
"contains" certain words. It doesn't have to exactly match the entire
subject of the incoming email.

Stan