[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan setting for "true neg?"

>Working with B&W negatives, is there a combination of settings of BP,
>WP and Brightness - and possibly other settings - that would
>theoretically give you an image that is "unaltered" of your negative -
>similar to putting the neg in the enlarger?   I realize that I've been
>doing so much tweaking of various parameters that sometimes I lose
>track of what the original negative really was like.

That is to say without image inversion (neg-to-positive)?
Would Device->Media type->Image work for this?
>From the help file:

  [For] "Image", no film correction is used, and the cropped
  file will look as much like the original image as possible.

If you don't like results from their default settings you still may want to set
white and black points percent values and perhaps brightness.

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/