[filmscanners] RE: <Unknown Subject>

I am a happy user of the FS 4000.
I have scanned hundreds of slides, color negatives and b&w negatives.
It works very fine, and personally I get better results with FilmGet than
vuescan, except for old slides, where the fade filter from vuescan is
excelent.
The only drawbacks are:
1    It is a slow scanner. It takes aprox 5 minutes to process an IR cleaned
original with a Celeron 800 machine and USB conection.

2    It makes some noise.

I reprocess with photoshop (level adjustemt always, unsharp filter and in
some cases a curves adjustement.

I can recommetd this scanner if you dont plan to process high volume. It is
a prosumer product.

Jorge Talkowski, from Buenos Aires