[filmscanners] <Unknown Subject>

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] <Unknown Subject>
  • From: "James L Conner" <jlconner3@juno.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:47:47 -0400

Edward F. VanderBush wrote:

 I think I have finally settled on the SS4000 (non plus) as the scanner
to purchase.  I am still tempted to just get a slightly cheaper Minolta
scan elite II or something but it seems like there is an abundance of
satisfied ss4000 users on here.  Is there any version of this first
scanner that I need to look for?  Also, can anyone recommend the cheapest
place to purchase one? (US only)  Also any word on an upcoming rebate.

In doing some research for a film scanner, Adorama's web site
[www.adoramaphoto.com] still lists the 4000 for just under $900 with a
note that the $200 rebate expired back in 2001.

Due to budget constraints, I am considering the Cannon FS-4000US instead
of the Nikon 4000 or the Polaroid 4000+.  Has anyone had any experience
with this particular scanner????  Would appreciate any comments anyone
has.

Jim