[filmscanners] Re: <Unknown Subject>

>Edward F. VanderBush wrote:
>
>  I think I have finally settled on the SS4000 (non plus) as the scanner
>to purchase.  I am still tempted to just get a slightly cheaper Minolta
>scan elite II or something but it seems like there is an abundance of
>satisfied ss4000 users on here.  Is there any version of this first
>scanner that I need to look for?  Also, can anyone recommend the cheapest
>place to purchase one? (US only)  Also any word on an upcoming rebate.
>
>In doing some research for a film scanner, Adorama's web site
>[www.adoramaphoto.com] still lists the 4000 for just under $900 with a
>note that the $200 rebate expired back in 2001.
>
>Due to budget constraints, I am considering the Cannon FS-4000US instead
>of the Nikon 4000 or the Polaroid 4000+.  Has anyone had any experience
>with this particular scanner????  Would appreciate any comments anyone
>has.
>
>Jim

Hi Jim:

For a bit less resolution but better quality scans in my opinion, the
Nikon Coolscan  IV is excellent.

Check pricegrabber.com for the best pricing.

All the best!

-Andrew Darlow

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
Andrew Darlow Images International, NYC - www.andrewdarlow.com
Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)