[filmscanners] Re: Problems with Nikon LS-30 and SA-20 film stripfeeder

Peder Skyt wrote:

> On Thursday, May 02, 2002 5:54 PM, "Mike Bloor" <asia@seratel.ie> wrote:
>
> >I have a Nikon LS-30 with the SA-20 motorised feeder.  I get an
> >intermittent problem whereby -
>

> No, I don't know how it senses the end of the strip; my guess is some
> kind of simple electronics connected to the scan sensor array. Maybe you
> have a bit of dust on the sensor?

Neither do I but  the sensor is not working to detect the film.  The contacts
were dirty on
mine where it plugs into the scanner at the back.

Eventually stopped using it because more damage was being done to the film
strip than what
it was worth.

Rob