[filmscanners] RE: Real-World Scene Brightness Range

> I took actual measurements...

Stan,

I also have taken actual measurements for many years, not just as an
experiment to confirm or refute someone elses claim, but for photographic
work I have been doing for over 20 years.  I can say unquestionably I have
quite a few images that were shot in circumstances that had 10 stops of
scene range.  The last series I did in Menemsha, which contained the insides
(through windows) of little fishing shacks (that wasn't the darkest though),
as well as the very dark undersides of wooden algae laden docks, under the
little fishing shacks, and then full July sunlight, had many images that
were 10 stops.

If I am mistaken, then either both my Gossen meter and my Hasselblad 205 are
both wrong, or I just plain don't know how to use a meter, which I know
neither is the case.  I believe if you go looking for scenes that have that
kind of range, you will be surprised how many you can find.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really feel like I'm arguing what color
my car is with someone who has never seen my car before ;-)

Austin