[filmscanners] Re: LS2000 Coolscan shadow noise issues gettingworse?

>A few weeks later and I've just done a full res 16x scan and been
>appalled at the level the noise streaks across the scan (in the
>direction of scan travel).
>
>I'm fast coming to the conclusion (and concern) that indivdual
>elements in the CCD array (if that's what it is?) are
>deteriorating with time?  Is this feasible?  Has anyone else seen
>it?

I've only had dust streaks which vanished with a good blow. Are the
streaks you get now in the same place as the ones you had before? If
so they can't be dust (assuming that they went away in the meantime).
If they are in a different place they can't be dud points in the CCD.

Do you get the same streaks with different software? Only in dense
areas or also in other tones? Are they coloured?

If your cleaning instructions go further than 'remove case, blow
everything, put back together' then I'd appreciate a copy off list.

David Hoffman