[filmscanners] LS2000 Coolscan shadow noise issues getting worse?

Hi All

A few months back I wrote asking whether anyone had seen very
pronounced streaking/noise occuring in shadow areas on scans from
the LS2000 coolscan.

I was kindly sent instructions on how to go about cleaning the
lens and mirrors in the units.  I completed this work.

A few weeks later and I've just done a full res 16x scan and been
appalled at the level the noise streaks across the scan (in the
direction of scan travel).

I'm fast coming to the conclusion (and concern) that indivdual
elements in the CCD array (if that's what it is?) are
deteriorating with time?  Is this feasible?  Has anyone else seen
it?

Thanks

Rob Suisted
www.naturespic.com