[filmscanners] Re: Problems with Nikon LS-30 and SA-20 film strip feeder

On Thursday, May 02, 2002 5:54 PM, "Mike Bloor" <asia@seratel.ie> wrote:

>I have a Nikon LS-30 with the SA-20 motorised feeder.  I get an
>intermittent problem whereby -

>- I put a strip of film in the feeder,
>- It draws it in as usual,
>- After the film has disappeared nasty cracking noises[snip]
>- VueScan [snip] doesn't recognise that the film is there,
>- The "Eject" button on VueScan doesn't work either. [snip]

>Can anyone offer any advice please ?

The scanner fails to see/detect the end of the strip. You would
experience the same problem if you tried to feed it e.g. a 36-frame
strip - that's how I know ;-)

No, I don't know how it senses the end of the strip; my guess is some
kind of simple electronics connected to the scan sensor array. Maybe you
have a bit of dust on the sensor?