From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
To: <anthony@atkielski.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 14:14
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: OT:Great Customer Service

Since we are sliding into OT land, I'll just make this last short comment.

As compared to drives I've had previously, which were slower, and were
cooler.

The tech support guy mentioned to me that their new 10,000 rpm SCSI
drives run so hot that they had to incorporate heat sink fins into the
casing to keep them from overheating. Apparently, the faster they run,
the more heat they tend to produce.  However, apparently, they are also
designed to handle more heat (than their older slower brethren) without
being damaged.  I have two such drives and they are incorporated in a
medium-large tower, mounted as they were designed to be, with one
cooling fan.  The tech guy mentioned that if I was running one of the
faster AMD CPUs I might be better off opting for a 5.25" fanned slot to
place the drive but that Intel based chips run cooler, so it usually
isn't required.

Art