[filmscanners] OT:Great Customer Service

Although this isn't a scanner company, I had to relay this bit of info,
since we all use hard drives.

I had occasion to call Maxtor's toll-free tech support regarding some
unexplained crashes which I thought might be due to my hard drive
overheating.  Apparently, 7200 rpm drives just run very hot...

They responded within a minute of my being placed in queue and when they
answered they asked my phone number, apparently punched it into the
computer database, and immediately said "Hello, Art, our records show
the last time you contacted us was in October, and you spoke to Greg...
I'm Matt, how can I help you today?"

The guy was right on top of things, answered my questions, gave me a few
suggestions, and thanked me for my call.  Great service.

Not common these days, so a real pleasure.  Made me feel like I made a
good decision to buy the Maxtor drive.

Art