[filmscanners] Re: SS 4000 Plus

Hi Howard,

I'd give the firewire card a try.  XP is touted as being friendlier with
peripherals and with more of them.  I went through a nightmare, lasting
about three months, trying to get my Windows 98 to recognize the SCSI card
for my Acer Scanwit.  A college-trained computer expert tried everything
she could think of, and so did I.  Nothing worked.  As a last resort, I got
XP because of the purported ease of use with peripherals, and everything
installed perfectly the first time.  I know the program has its detractors,
(is there and MS product that doesn't?), and I'm sure that this is a case
of YMMV if there ever was one.  I'm simply reporting that it effortlessly
solved a really stubborn problem for me.

Regards,
John