[filmscanners] Re: SS 4000 Plus

Does Polaroid say that the scanner software is XP compatible?  If it says its
W2000
compatible it still may not be XP compatible.

XP should come up with at the bottom of the screen -  You have new hardware.
etc. (if its
turned on)

1. If not uninstall the software and see if  happens. when you reboot.

2. Have you tried installing new hardware either through the device manager or
the Add new
hardware in the control panel.

3. Connect it and and try and find the scanner and force it to recognise the
software
through either of the above.

4. does the device manager know there is a firewire card?

5. If the scanner comes up on the device manager and is in the wrong place -
delete the
scanner and refresh the device manager then reinstall.

A lot of the above are the same don't know if you have tried doing any or all -
only
suggestions. (Went through most during the week with my Minolta and the device
manager says
Imaging devices > Minolta  diMage ...which runs off SCSI - and not tagged onto
the SCSI
card. The Flatbed is also in another spot and not off the USB controller)

Cheers

Rob