[filmscanners] Re:Vuescan on Multi Scan Pro

As I have just received a new Multi Scan Pro and have it up and running
(finally).

Had  difficulty trying to use the MSPro with XP on SCSI until I was made aware
that the
software needed to be upgraded for this to happen. The Multi Pro now works fine
on Minolta
software.

But  I would  like to use Vuescan to see the results for comparison.

Ed said it was compatible. But the functions/circuit may have been changed on
the latest
release.

I can't get a good preview (and the scan looks like the preview) with a broad
band running
the full length about 30% wide of a different (purple) colour. I did try the
ASPI layer for
the SCSI card etc to no avail. My LS2000 worked with Vuescan and XP and
Nikonscan 3.1  prior
to it being XP compatible.

I do not have Ed's email and it doesn't seem to be on his web site. I would
like to send him
the log plus some info.

Does Ed still exist?     There doesn't appear to be the regular daily update of
Vuescan.

Any comments appreciated as to how to make it work or if anyone else is using
VS on the
MSPro.

Thanks

Rob