[filmscanners] RE: Profiles

Tony writes ...

> I do wonder sometimes if some of the purists have ever actually tried
> printing sRGB. IME not too many photos include colours which will inhabit
> the difference between sRGB and Adobe 98, ...

  Try creating an HSB spectrum as shown in Bruce Fraser's article about
rendering intents:
http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/12641.html.

  When created, it is pure RGB numbers, ... the colors will be assigned
according to whichever color space is assigned.  Any subsequent print (or
soft-proof) should be a good test for RGB values versus printed colors.
Granted, the differences become more subtle if you convert from one color
space to another ... and it is hardly a test for "real world" colors ... but
"us purists" do make an effort to keep the colors we're editing, and
printing, within "potential" gamuts.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)