From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of HMSDOC@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 4:30 PM
To: lodaniel@bham.rr.com
Subject: [filmscanners] SS 4000 Plus

I just received my SS 4000 Plus and can not get it to run on Windows XP.
It is connected via USB.  I have tried Insight 5.5, 5.5.1, and even, as
was suggested a week or so ago 5.0 (though this only contains the 4000
drivers and not the 4000 plus drivers) with no luck.  When I use the Add
Hardware Wizard the drivers are not found.  When I show it what folder
the drivers are in it sees the folder as empty, though if I look in the
folder outside the Wizard I see the files are there and I can even start
Insight, though it tells me no scanner is connected.  Polaroid has not
responded yet.  Anyone have any other ideas...otherwise the scanner will
have to go back.

Howard
HMSDOC@aol.com